British Wrestling White Award
This award is intended as an introduction to the UWW Award scheme and gives an attainable target for school sessions and the earlier club sessions. Children are then well placed with a more standard foundation knowledge of grips, stance, basic exercises and moves, which will equip them progress in clubs to the Yellow Award and upwards.
Some athletes who have already been wrestling for a few months will not necessarily take the White Award but go straight to the yellow Award.
- Introduction level, specially tailored for 6-8 week school periods
- The White Award, which is a quality award and will be consistent across the UK
- Standard foundation knowledge of: -
- Grips; stance; basic exercises; moves
- Targeted at school participants and beginners
- Assessment by UKCC Level 2 coach
- Taking award: £10 (certificate, administration, p&p)
- To be eligible to take award: required to be member (e.g. Recreational Membership) of BWA: £5 (£4 returned to Regions*)
- Badge: £5 (optional)
- Supporting Material (See links to right):