Funding and Costs for National Talent Squad
Unfortunately, there are no central funds available to the National Talent Squad for either training or competition entry. Some detail on funding and costs is given below, with more available on a more general funding section, (link).
- British Wrestling funding from subscription and affiliation fees is largely consumed by insurance for members and coaches so there is no ability from this direction to fund the National Talent Squad. However, the same insurance does cover NTS members travelling abroad).
- UK Sport funding is ring-fenced to the World Class Performance Programme. Sport England funding pays for the England Development Coach and his expenses, and thus there is no charge for NTS training days associated with coaching.
- Other potential sources of funding to individuals include from their clubs, local authorities, local business.
- Sports Aid allocated 18 applications to the BWA for 2010 each athlete receiving a minimum of £500 from sponsors supporting Sports Aid (link to more information).
- Costs for training days are kept to a minimum at the British Wrestling Academy, where no charge is levied
- Costs for NTS Overseas Tournaments have to be borne by participants, using any grants they have achieved intended for this purpose. Typically, the cost per head includes the following:-
- Return airfare via the cheapest available route
- Local buses/trains
- Accommodation B+B
- Competition Entries
- Child Welfare Officer and Referee costs split evenly across participants