British Wrestling Association Board
The Board of Directors is the highest level of decision making in British Wrestling beneath General Meetings with powers and procedures to exercise those powers laid down in the Articles of Association.
The Board meets 4 or 5 times a year in face to face meetings and consists of an independent chair, 4 home nation directors, 3 independent directors appointed by a selection panel, up to 2 additional directors co-opted by the board and the Chief Executive.
The British Wrestling board is responsible for;
- approving the Association’s strategy, management policies, business plan and financial budgets;
- receiving reports and approving and making recommendations in relation to the audit of the Association
- finalising and presenting the annual report and accounts for approval by the Voting Members at the annual general meeting;
- administering the finances and business performance of the Association;
- arranging the annual general meeting and other general meetings in accordance with these Articles;
- approving, issuing, amending and rescinding Regulations;
- appointing committees and sub-committees pursuant to Article 8;
- determining the membership subscriptions payable by the Voting Members;
- appointing the auditors and determining their remuneration; and
- supervising the CEO and his/her staff in the administration of the affairs of the Association.
The Board may from time to time establish or appoint committees and sub-committees as it may deem necessary for the effective conduct of the affairs of the Association. Details of these committees can be found here.
Board Minutes are available here