As per the Articles of Association, The Board may from time to time establish or appoint committees and sub-committees as it may deem necessary for the effective conduct of the affairs of the Association. Details of committees are listed here, current committees are;
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Sport Technical Committee
- Nations and Regions Committee
Full terms of reference for each committee are available to download below.
Finance and Audit Committee
The Finance and Audit Committee is responsible for
- Reviewing management and annual accounts
- Review of budgets and financial information
- Regular review of the BWA risk register
- Regular review of Finance Manual and banking arrangements
- Regular review of insurance arrangements
- Reviewing the work of external auditors and making recommendations for appointment
- Non-Executive Finance Director
- CEO or an additional member of the British Wrestling executive
- A representative of the Nations & Regions
- The Administrator
The Nominations Committee is responsible for
- Leading the process for Board and CEO appointments and making subsequent recommendations to the Board;
- Informing UK Sport / Sport England, as appropriate, of any appointment process being carried out;
- Making recommendations to the Board on Standing Committee Chairs;
- Making recommendations to the Board on any other key Board appointments;
- Ensuring that the Board’s Diversity Statement and associated targets are fully and appropriately taken into account in all appointment processes;
- Ensuring no individual shall be appointed as a director until he or she has provided to the organisation a declaration of good character.
- Independent Non-Executive BWA Chair
- 1 Independent Non-Executive Director (the SID)
- 1 Home Nations appointed Director
- The Chief Executive
Sport Technical Committee
The Sport Technical Committee is responsible for overseeing all sport technical matters including
- Development of the competition calendar e.g. to ensure it is optimised, and the number, class and objectives of competitions.
- Development of competition regulations and standards e.g. weight classes, organisation etc.
- Development of rules for the provision of officials at competitions.
- Support clubs in the format of their competitions.
- Chair of the Committee;
- CEO or an appropriate alternative member;
- referee/official representative;
- coach/membership representative;
- talent pathway lead;
- competition administration representative;
- a representative of the Nations and Regions Associations;
- safeguarding representative; and
- the British Wrestling Association administrator.
Nations and Regions Committee
The Nations and Regions Committee is responsible for
- Representing the views of the Nations & Regions Associations in the context of the strategy for growing the sport of wrestling;
- Contributing to and influencing the development of the Association’s strategy;
- Identifying issues impacting on the implementation of the Association’s strategy at regional levels;
- Developing potential solutions to issues emerging at regional levels;
- Providing a mechanism for communicating membership issues of national significance to the Board and vice versa where appropriate;
- Progressing work on the wrestler pathway, club and coach development; and
- Ensuring that best practice in wrestling and governance is shared across the Nations & Regions Associations.
One representative of each of the six Nations & Regions Associations.