Membership Categories and Fees:-
Prospective members can apply for one of the following membership categories: –
Full membership for a person aged 18 years or over
12 to 17 years
For a person aged 18 years and over in full-time education
[NB 1 below to validate membership]
Person aged under 12.
Any person who is NOT a competitor, coach, competition official, club official, regional official, BWA Board Member. (E.g. Club Safeguarding Officer, video operator, parent of competitor etc.) Gives access to BWA educational courses, e.g. Safeguarding course.
Anybody who has been training for more than six weeks and wishes to continue. Anyone who wishes to take part in the BWA Award Scheme but does not wish to participate in competitions. Does not give access to any BWA educational courses.
Bloc Membership provides insurance cover under BWA policies for the initial six weeks of training ONLY (forms must be returned on monthly basis to the Membership Secretary so that the BWA is aware of numbers and names)
*Membership fees had been held for 3 years at 2015 rate (2015, 2016 and 2017). Fees have now gone up by the average of the Consumer and Retail Price Indexes.
1. Students MUST forward a copy of their Student Union Card to the Membership Secretary to validate membership before their application can be approved [Follow link to Contact Us for address]
2. Membership Categories and Electoral Processes
- to speak and vote at meetings, to stand for election or to nominate fellow members for elected posts, it is necessary to be 18yrs and over (16yrs in Scotland) and have Full British Wrestling Association membership, (e.g. Senior, Student, Honorary)
3. Home Nation, Club Choice and Transfer
- Upon registration, a member chooses a Home Nation and club or region.
- The member remains with their choice of club until their annual membership renewal date. At this time they can choose to change their choice of club by informing the membership secretary within 2 weeks of renewal.
- If there is a reason to change the choice of club before the renewal date, permission is required from the original and destination clubs (by email to membership secretary)
- An administration fee for the membership database and processing of e-payments is paid to STG Sports Technology Group and is included in the membership fee
- The benefits of individual membership are given at “Benefits of Membership“
- Clubs register by mailing the MSWord Application Form (link) to the Membership Secretary. Payment should be made by on-line bank transfer to RBS, sort code and account details available from the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). If bank transfer is not possible, a cheque payable to ‘BWA Ltd’ should be mailed to: The Administrator, The British Wrestling Academy, 41 Great Clowes Street, Salford M7 1RQ
Club membership runs from 1 January to 31 December of the year