By joining British Wrestling you are provided with insurance and depending on the level of your membership, you can;
1. Recreational Membership: Train at your chosen club and progress through the British Wrestling Association Athlete Awards system
2. Full Membership: In addition to the above you can train towards competitions at a level to suit your abilities.
It is possible to upgrade your membership from Recreational to Full at any time in order to compete.
Benefits of Membership
Membership of British Wrestling benefits members with: –
- Insurance of clubs, coaches and individual members at home & abroad
- Competitions – organisation of national competitions (many of which are loss-making after the provision of prizes) and support for Club/Regional competitions
- Access to the GBR Talent Squad and the wider Talent Pathway
- Delivery of safeguarding and vulnerable adults policies, equity and codes of conduct
- Progressive structures of coaching awards, personal wrestling awards (i.e. a UK-specific adaptation of the UWW colour award scheme) and progressive structure of competitive opportunities
- Training & support for volunteers and parental helpers, coaches and officials
- National Governing Body and Government liaison
- News and results via the British Wrestling website
Membership Categories and Fees:-
Prospective members can apply for one of the following membership categories: –
Full membership for a person aged 18 years or over
12 to 17 years
For a person aged 18 years and over in full-time education
[NB 1 below to validate membership]
Person aged under 12.
Any person who is NOT a competitor, coach, competition official, club official, regional official, BWA Board Member. (E.g. Club Safeguarding Officer, video operator, parent of competitor etc.) Gives access to BWA educational courses, e.g. Safeguarding course.
Club Affiliation (Gold/Silver levels)
Associate Club (Bronze level)
*2019 membership fees held at 2018 levels. Normally, fees go up by the average of the Consumer and Retail Price Indexes.
1. Students MUST upload a copy of their Student Union Card to their credentials on their GoMembership portal and inform Membership Secretary to validate membership before their application can be approved [Follow link to Contact Us for address]
2. Membership Categories and Electoral Processes
- to speak and vote at meetings, to stand for election or to nominate fellow members for elected posts, it is necessary to be 18yrs and over (16yrs in Scotland) and have Full British Wrestling Association membership, (e.g. Senior, Student, Honorary)
3. Home Nation, Club Choice and Transfer
- Upon registration, a member chooses a Home Nation and club or region.
- If there is a reason to change the choice of club before the renewal date, permission is required from the original and destination clubs (by email to membership secretary)
- Club Affiliation runs from 1 January to 31 December of the year
- Clubs who affiliate/associate and wish to pay affiliation fees is via Go-Membership (link) (unless previously agreed)